Stay Home Activities During Self-quarantine

It's been a month since the government set up a policy to do physical distancing. As a good citizen (lol), I'm trying my best to stay inside and to get out only when I have really important errands to run. While staying at home, I find that it's easy to feel unmotivated and frustrated about everything that's been going on. So I came up with a decision to do some productive activities, hoping that it would make me feel better and give me the motivation that I need to get through the day. These are some of the activities that I do during my self-quarantine. 


💻 Taking online courses

I actually got this idea from the people that I follow on Instagram. I started by browsing on Google and looking for online courses websites which leads me to Skill Share. Since then I've been taking so many classes, such as copy writingcreative writingbranding for businesspersonal productivityhand lettering, and many more. 



Note that some of the classes are free but most of the classes are premium, meaning that you have to pay to watch the class. However, you can get 2 months of free trial upon your registration through this link. So make the most out of it if you don't want to pay any extra cash. You're welcome!

🍳 Cooking and baking

I always love cooking and just started to learn baking. I actually cook on daily basis, but always the same regular everyday dishes. So once in a while I try to find some new recipes to make. You can find it everywhere, from Instagram, Youtube, or just Google it. Here are some of the dishes that I cook, they are all simple and quick to make.



Baking is also a good alternative. It might look hard and effortful, but trust me it's totally worth your time and energy. You can find some simple recipes if you're a beginner like me. I recently made this banana bread recipe that I found on Instagram, it's easy to make yet it tasted amazing.

Credits: @anakjajan on Instagram

🎨 Making DIY kit

This is the type of activity that doesn't require too much work yet it makes you feel accomplished afterwards. A little story behind my DIY kit, it's actually given by someone (I don't know who) for my 17th birthday present (I'm 21 now). But I never got the chance to make it until recently.  



You can buy it from any online marketplace, just type "DIY doll house kit" and pick whatever design you like. And here's mine.


Anyway, thanks to whoever gave me this 😜

📕 Reading books

I personally love self-help or self-improvement books rather than fiction novels. Here are all the books that I've read. I haven't read that much since I just started this reading habit last year. I totally recommend every single one of them, but my favorite pick would be The Things You Can See Only When You Slow Down by Haemin Sunim.


By the way, I use this app called Bookmate to read all these books. It's basically an online library where you can find any kinds of books - most of them are free (yay!). The app is available on Google Play and App Store.

📺 Watching movies or series

Watching movies or series is always my go-to activity whenever I feel bored at home. I could binge-watch a series up to 5 episodes per day, literally. So far my 3 favorite series are Game of Thrones (9.5/10), Black Mirror (9/10), and Money Heist (8.5/10). As for movies, these are my top 12 movies. Also, I have made several lists of recommended movies according to the genre, you can check them out here.


Cleaning and organizing

Just clean the damn out of that mess that you abandon for years 😠 *kidding*

Cleaning and organizing can be relaxing and therapeutic if you know how to make it enjoyable. The people that inspire me the most when it comes to cleaning and organizing are Marie Kondo, also known as the queen of decluttering - she has a show on Netflix called Tidying Up with Marie Kondo and a popular book titled Spark Joy and Jess Conte - just check out her Youtube channel!


📝 Starting a blog

This is exactly what I'm currently doing. I've always wanted to have my own blog but haven't got the time to actually do it until now. Perhaps, in your case it's starting a Youtube channel or launching a podcast. Whatever it is, now is the perfect time to turn your big ideas into reality. Grab this opportunity to pick that thing up where you left off.

Finally, thank you for reading this far. I hope this article can be somewhat of a help or inspiration to any of you who already got fed up with this quarantine situation. Just know that we're all in this together. Please stay home and be safe wherever you are xx

Comments

Popular Posts