What's in My Journal?

In this article, I want to give you a tour of what's inside my journal. I actually just started this journaling habit last year, initially to organize my schedule and track my habits. From that moment on, I've been enjoying this activity as my hobby and as a part of my self-care routine. I personally think that journaling is a great therapeutic activity because it allows me to declutter my mind and sort my thoughts out while at the same time letting my creative side to take charge.


For my journal book, I use this weekly planner book which was given to me as a birthday gift (thank you friends ❤) - I asked for it actually HAHA. Anyway, this book consists of four main sections. I'm gonna show you what's inside each section page by page. 

1. Templates

The first section of this journal consists of pages with provided templates. 

On the first page there's a blank space where you can write words of encouragement or simply your favorite quotes. I definitely think that it's a powerful way to set your mindset. It can be a constant reminder to keep you focus on your goal.

Moving on to the next page, there's 2020 calendar with notes on its side. I use this as an event reminder. I highlight the important dates and write the event description in the provided box.


Next is reflection and goal entries which probably one of the most important part for me. What I like about this journal is the fact that they really put things into thoughts. They even list out questions to make it easier for us to write our reflection and goals. This helps me to really contemplate and reflect so that I can write them down concisely.


Here's another reflection entries.


Period tracker is a must-have layout (for girls) to be included in journal. And as you can see on the left page there's infographic about menstruation cycle. That's actually another thing that I find interesting about this journal, apart from its layout content. 

The following pages are additional layouts that can also help you to build new habits. I don't really use them, but they are pretty good add-ons too.



2. Weekly Planner

The second section is weekly planner - the most essential part of this journal book. It helps me to organize my day and reminds me to complete important tasks. It pushes me to be more productive as well (especially at this time around). And here's what mine looks like.


You might want to use different keys for different types of task. It helps me in knowing what's important or whether I have events on that day, so I don't get it mixed up with my daily regular tasks. 


Photo: BuJoing via Pinterest
This is just for reference. You can create your own key, it's entirely up to you.

3. Monthly Review

The third section consists of financial journal which is your monthly financial report and also monthly review page. It's basically just another reflection entries with a monthly time course. It keeps me to stay on track with my goals and motivates me to do better each time. 

4. Notes slash Bullet Journal 

The last section is actually pages of blank notes, which I turn into my personalize bullet journal. For this bullet journal, I got the inspiration from @dindaps on Instagram. Check out her 'journaling' highlight.
  • 2020 goals
  • Book list
  • Needs vs wants
  • Exfoliating schedule
  • Habit tracker
  • Watchlist
  • Recipe list
  • Cleaning schedule
  • English corner
  • Activity list

  • Blog content list
        (confidential hehe)

  • Notes


It has finally reached the end of my journal tour. I hope this inspires you to do journaling and to make it as a part of your self-care practice. And for those of you who just starting out, here's some tips from me:
● Start with a list of what you want to put inside your journal.
● Search for ideas to make layouts that match your style.
● Don't worry about having messy handwriting, it's just a journal.
● And lastly, just be creative with it.

By the way, you can get this journal book from Paperie Lab. They have weekly planner, gratitude journal, and other productivity tools. You can also customized the cover with your favorite design and put your name on it. Happy journaling!


Comments

Popular Posts